Friday, July 15, 2011

My languange

This is a kind of weird sometime I feel myself. It is about the language…my language to be précised. It is not the way of me talking in a particular language, no..but it is about my daily language. My mother tounge is of course Bahasa Indonesia, a language that I have heard from the first day I was born. Then comes the Javanese language as a local language belong to the area where I come from in Indonesia and of course naturally it comes because of both my parents are Javanese. Then followed by English language.

As I now live here in Norway, of course learning the language is important. It is mandatory and I need it. So, learning Norwegian language (Norsk) from the very scratch. Languange courses, language tests, put into practice and now I am ended up of talking Norsk much much more than I talk in my own mother tounge, Bahasa in my daily live. My ability of talking this language is not perfect. I haven’t always understood what other people say to me especially those who are talking with their dialect. The place where I live now has a particular dialect what they called Trønder dialect. I am getting used with this dialect since I work in an office where mostly of the employees are from this area, so not thaaat a problem. But others who comes from different region they have their own dialect, so it is a challenge especially when the teenagers talk to me because they even have their own slank words.

Back into the house, I talk Bahasa Indonesia with Johanne only when we are alone by ourself. But when my husband is there, then it will be completely in Norsk for our conversations. I just think that it would be just so much confusing for Johanne at least at this age to receive 2 different languanges at the same time under one conversation. So, I put Norsk into the practice when Johanne, me and others who speak Norsk are around.

I do miss talking in Bahasa Indonesia…I do, I really do…that is why I call my parents quite often, well of course it is nice to talk with our parents anyway especially when you are living faaar faar away from each other but it is sometime also I need to use my tounge to speak in a language that I don’t even need to think hard to find the word (well, I have to admit that sometime I couldn’t even find a word in Bahasa…just simply: I forget the word!).
So I am so looking forward talking Bahasa with Johanne when she can talk properly.

NB: Just to make it a bit richer in language that is why I am writing this post in English, not in Bahasa Indonesia or Norsk.

Labels:

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Archa Bella said...

I can feel that feeling ,dear.Can't imagine if I am on that position,missing my own community,and more than a half of my soul..huhu.Be patient..you'll get used to unconsciously.Hug and kisses to pretty baby,Jo..<3

10:45 AM  
Blogger Benedicta said...

thank you thank you so much dear :) it is absolutely much more easier living in our own community :) hugsss :)

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home