Thursday, February 01, 2007

Moms Around The World

That was the title from Oprah’s show I watched last night. Usually I didn’t watch tv around that time but indeed I was so m*ld*t* exhausted from work (uuf in the middle of the week) and I wanted to have some relax time by watching tv (and hope that there would be an interesting show or something nice to be watched…yet my favourite movies were not yet started).
Well actually I was a little bit late watching for that show and I was thinking to change the channel but I didn’t know why my eyes just kept looking at the screen and at the same time I remembered my mom….then I decided to watch the show.

One by one story about moms around the world...from Alaska to Africa from Europe to Asia, so many different living styles. Some were living in a nice and fancy world but some were living in a hectic, hard, and even frustrated world. Some were overjoyed with smile and laugh but some were just completely run out of their tears. But all of them do share same dreams for their children: they wanted their children to have better live. No matter how hard their life is but they want really something best for their children. Simple and natural but indeed has pure meaning.

By then I remembered my mom. She just suddenly called me yesterday after my lunch time and I was little bit surprised and asked stupid question: what happened mom??? instead of asking how are you mom? And then she just said: oh nothing everything is fine here but I just miss you so much and want to hear your voice…… oooh I felt so…then I said: let me call you then

And that how it was for the rest of 15 mins. we talked on phone: “I want to send you dried food”, she said…”ooh no no Mom not necessary..I’m just fine”, I replied. “But there are plenty here I have and I just sent some for your brother yesterday”, she argued. “Yeah, sending to Jakarta is not much as compare sending it here, right?”, I said (tried to concentrate between works and conversation). “Well, it doesn’t matter about the cost…don’t think about that”, she tried to convince me. “Mother…. I’m fine and really I don’t urgently need that, you could use the money for other purposes or else send the food for relatives”, finally I said but not sure whether I did it right or wrong. “Ok then…as you said”, she gave up gently (in which I felt little bit guilty after that). Even then I felt again guilty by saying: “Mom…is it ok if I call you tomorrow again because I need to continue my work as bla bla bla..” “Oh allright fine but don’t forget to have your breakfast, lunch or dinner on time…take enough rest….take very good care of you,…,….,….and I love you” she said with her style. “Yup.. Okie…Okiee.. I will I will, I love you too Mom also regards and love for Daddy too”, I ended up our conversation.

and now while I am writing this post….I put my tiny smile on my face: I would love to be a mom…one day.

Labels:

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger kembang_jepun said...

tami nonton oprahnya di chanel apa? hari apa jam berapa? huhuhu, aku kangen banget nonton oprah. cuman gak tahu di norwe setiap hari apa jam berapa dimana..thanks yaa

8:50 PM  
Blogger Atiire said...

Munange I think you will be the best Mom!!! Look forward for that evryday. BUT dont strain yoself a lot with work and take time 2 rest as she told u and keep smiling coz u will live longer.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Benedicta said...

Buat Nurul: kemaren itu saya lihat di TV3 hari Rabu sekitar j19:00an-lah, tapi tadi malem (Kamis) ada lagi kok Oprah's Shownya.Coba deh stay tune jam segitu di TV3..met mencobaaaa :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Benedicta said...

For Vic: thanks Munange :)
Wanna catch Tsa's step indeed hehehe...hopefully :)
Cheers from Norway

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home